Welcome to my post-covid workshops! They run just as they always have with the addition of space around you and your wheel, a cute mask and that background smell of hand sanitizer that we have all come to love. The studio also looks a little different now to accommodate spacing but its the same warm vibe.
This 1.5-hour workshop will take you through the beginnings of making a vessel. You'll get to throw heaps, and mess up heaps but overall you'll come out with a good starting grasp on what's involved in the ceramics making process, and of course the pots that you make in class. All of the clay, tools, glaze and firing are all taken care of!
Each class is for 5 people (feel free to book all 5 spots if you want to come as a group.
Your class will look like this:
- A quick welcome to the studio
- Your teacher (me) will walk and talk you through the basics of the process with a demo or two
- You'll hop on the wheel and have some fun! (and of course, you'll be guided through the whole time)
These classes are non-refundable, someone else might have potentially loved your spot so it's important to make sure you get there or have a friend to come instead!
You've got to have close toed-shoes
Wear something you can get dirty
Long nails can very easily damage your work and make it difficult to throw which is something to consider!
The time frame for your finished work should be around 1-3 weeks, if pick-up isn't ideal we can discuss postage
Finished pots will be glazed in our standard white finish.
Covid safety measures are in place that means that you need to: BYO towel, masks.
According to health requirements, you'll be adequately spaced and tools and surfaces will be sanitised between sessions.
You'll need to sanitise your hands and sign in on entry
and you WILL enjoy yourself.
- Classes are held in my lush Northcote space. 41 Arthurton Rd, next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a very small walk from the high street tram line
- SAT 12 DEC 10.30 - 12PM
- SAT JAN 30 2.30 - 4 PM
- SAT FEB 27 - 12.30 - 2 PM