6 Week Wheel and Glaze course
or make 4 interest-free payments of $0.00 fortnightly with More info
'Oh yeah, a lovely a nice time, yup, just fab.'
- A person who did a class once
This 2-hour, weekly classes are perf you've already had a few classes and are ready to improve and broaden your skill base or if you're just beginning! You also get a flexible 2 hours on the wheel for extra practice or finishing your pieces too during opening hours.
You'll be part of a small group of 5 to ensure each student gets some good one-on-one time and it's great if you've wanted to learn with mates.
If you wanted to book in some practice on a wheel to follow up your classes, have a chat to me about studio access! Flick me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's important to me that students feel they can come back and practise their skills so all students get 15% off their classes after their first course as well as open studio bookings.
The weeks will look like this:
- Wedging and clay preparation
- Throwing - The part where you do the pretty Instagram video thing. We'll be covering some basic forms like cylinders and cups, bowls and plates the whole shebang!
- Turning - finishing your work and making sure everything is perfect for the first firing
- Glazing - making your vessels pretty and unique
These classes are non-refundable, someone else might have potentially loved your spot so it's important to make sure you get there or swap with a friend!
You've got to have close toed-shoes
Wear something you can get dirty
Long nails can very easily damage your work and make it difficult to throw which is something to consider!
The time frame for your finished work should be around 1-3 weeks, if pick-up isn't ideal we can discuss postage
This course includes 2.5 kgs of fired work, you can make more than this but a charge of $15 per Kg will apply to keep the kiln god happy
If you purchase for a gift, please supply name and email of the receiver at checkout.
- New Classes will be held in my new Northcote studio. 41 Arthurton Rd, next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a very small walk from the high street Tram line
WED Evenings Starting April 29 (5 places):
APR 29 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - THROW
MAY 7 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - TURN
MAY 13 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - THROW
MAY 20 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - THROW
MAY 27 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - TURN
JUNE 3 / 6.15pm - 8.15 - GLAZE
SAT Arvo Starting May 2 (5 places):
MAY 2 / 12 - 2pm - THROW
MAY 9 / 12 - 2pm - TURN
MAY 16 / 12 - 2pm - THROW
MAY 23 / 12 - 2pm - THROW
MAY 30 / 2.30 - 4.30pm - TURN
JUNE 6 / 2.30 - 4.30pm - GLAZE
These images were kindly supplied by Amelia Stanwix for The Design Files.