Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making ceramics or you have and your teacher wasn't very good and want to shop around? Well...this is probably a vibe then.
These 2.5 hour short classes will take you through the beginnings of making a vessel, you'll be split into two groups, throw and handbuild (with Tantri Mustika, goddess and overall amazing person) and then swap over. You'll come out with a good grasp on what's involved in the ceramics making process and of course the pots that you make in class. All of the clay, tools, glaze and firing are all taken care of!
Each class is for 10 people (feel free to book all 10 spots if you want to come as a group, if you'd like to book in advance please contact us and we'll find you a time to suit)
Your class will look like this:
- Quick welcome to the studio
- Your teachers (me and Tantri) will walk and talk you through the basics of the process with a demo or two
- You'll get messy and have some fun! (and of course, you'll be guided through the whole time)
- These classes are non-refundable, someone else might have potentially loved your spot so it's important to make sure you get there or have a friend to come instead!
- You've got to have close toed-shoes
- Wear something you can get dirty
- Long nails can very easily damage your work and make it difficult to throw which is something to consider!
- The time frame for your finished work should be around 1-3 weeks, if pick-up isn't ideal we can discuss postage
- Finished pots will be glazed in our standard white finish.
- Classes are held in my lush Northcote space. 41 Arthurton Rd, next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a very small walk from the high street tram line
SUNDAY | MAY 3 | 11am - 2pm (10 Spots)