'What I made during lockdown looks like shit compared to what I made in these workshops'
- A joke from a previous student who doesn't exist
Welcome to my post-covid workshops! They run just as they always have with the addition of space around you and your wheel, a cute mask and that background smell of hand sanitizer that we have all come to love. The studio also looks a little different now to accommodate spacing but its the same warm vibe.
These are my most popular workshop. They're 4 sessions of 2-hours weekly. They are perf if you've already had a few classes and you're ready to improve and broaden your skill base or if you're just beginning and want to get a taste of what's involved in the making process.
You'll be part of a small group of 5 to ensure each student gets some good one-on-one time and it's great if you've wanted to learn with mates.
You also get 15% off your future classes too btw which is nice.
The weeks will look like this:
- Throwing - Learning and honing skills (All clay included).
- Throwing - A chance to try some new forms or reinforce your new skills.
- Turning - finishing the bases of your work and making sure everything is perfect for the first firing.
- Glazing - a time for you to make your vessels unique!
- These classes are non-refundable, someone else might have potentially loved your spot so it's important to make sure you get there or have a friend come instead!
- You've got to have close toed-shoes
- Wear something you can get dirty
- Long nails can very easily damage your work and make it difficult to throw which is something to consider!
- The time frame for your finished work should be around 1-3 weeks, if pick-up isn't ideal we can discuss postage
- Covid safety measures are in place that means that you need to: BYO towel, masks.
- According to health requirements, you'll be adequately spaced and tools and surfaces will be sanitised between sessions.
- You'll need to sanitise your hands and sign in on entry
- and you WILL enjoy yourself.
- Classes will be held in my new studio 41 Arthurton Rd in Northcote. Right next to The Herbert Cafe and the Northcote train station. A very quick walk from the high street tram also.
February classes are :
Jan 30 | 12 - 2 | Throw
Feb 6 | 12 - 2 | Throw
Feb 13 | 12 - 2 | Turn
Feb 20| 12 - 2 | Glaze
These images were kindly supplied by Amelia Stanwix for The Design Files.