'What I made during lockdown looks like shit compared to what I made in these workshops'
- A joke from a previous student who doesn't exist
*Welcome to my post-covid workshops. They run just as they always have with the addition of space around you, a cute mask when required, and that vague background smell of hand sanitiser that we have all come to treasure. The studio looks slightly different now to accommodate spacing, but it's still the same warm vibez*
4 Week Wheel and Glaze WORKSHOP
These are my most popular workshop. They're 4 sessions of 2-hours weekly. They are perf if you've already had a few classes and you're ready to improve and broaden your skill base or if you're just beginning and want to get a taste of what's involved in the making process.
You'll be part of a small group of 6 to ensure each student gets some good one-on-one time and it's great if you've wanted to learn with mates.
All clay, tools, glaze and firing is inclusive in this course. You can bring your own tools if you prefer too.
The weeks will look like this:
Wedging and clay preparation
Throwing - The part where you do the pretty Instagram video thing. We'll be covering some basic forms like cylinders and cups, bowls, the whole shebang!
Turning - finishing your work and making sure everything is perfect for the first firing
Glazing - making your vessels pretty and unique
- Booking is final and non-refundable. Classes usually book out quickly, and someone else might have loved your spot, so it's essential to make sure you get there - you can nominate a friend to come instead if you like.
- You've got to have close-toed shoes in the studio.
- Wear something you can get dirty
- Long nails can damage your work and make it difficult to make anything, something to consider if you're about to get that SNS.
- you WILL enjoy yourself
- If you want to book as a gift, please grab a gift card and ask the receiver to book rather than a book for them (I've found this to be a little more streamlined and makes it easier for my AI assistant to contact you because Teresa doesn't understand the concept of gifts
- Any questions please email Teresa at Teresa@james-lemon.com
- Workshops are held in my cute Northcote space. 41 Arthurton Rd, Northcote.
- Right next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a short walk from the high street tram line.
2022 | TUESDAY EVENINGS | MAY 3 - MAY 24 | 6 - 8PM
2022 | TUESDAY EVENINGS | JUNE 7 - JUNE 28 | 6 - 8PM
2022 | WEDNESDAY EVENINGS | JUNE 8 - JUNE 29 | 6 - 8PM
These images were kindly supplied by Amelia Stanwix for The Design Files.