*Welcome to my post-covid workshops! They run just as they always have with the addition of space around you and your wheel, a cute mask and that background smell of hand sanitizer that we have all come to love. The studio also looks a little different now to accommodate spacing but its the same warm vibe.*
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making ceramics or replicate that scene with Patrick Stewart from that movie I've never seen but people keep telling me to watch? Do you want to do this with just you and your fave?????????
This 2-hour private class will facilitate all of this *soundtrack included*. I'll take you and your lover and/or pal and/or your dog through the beginnings of making a vessel. You'll get to throw heaps, get messy and have fun with your tinder date. You'll also get finished pots that you make obviously. All of the clay, tools, glaze and firing are all taken care of!
A private workshop is for 1 - 2 people. BUT...
If you'd like to book a group of up to 6 you can add extra people in the cart (and then send me us email to book a time).
Due to covid, I cannot facilitate groups larger than 6 at this time :) :)
Your class will look like this:
- A quick welcome to the studio ( maybe some bubbles maybe)
- Your teacher (me) will walk and talk you through the basics of the process with a demo or two
- You'll hop on the wheel and get real messy.
- These classes are non-refundable 2 weeks prior to the arranged date.
- You've got to have close toed-shoes
- Wear something you can get dirty
- Long nails can very easily damage your work and make it difficult to throw which is something to consider!
- The time frame for your finished work should be around 1-3 weeks, if pick-up isn't ideal we can discuss postage
- Finished pots will be glazed in our standard white finish.
- Covid safety measures are in place that means that you need to: BYO towel, masks.
- Tools and surfaces will be sanitised between sessions.
- You'll need to sanitise your hands and sign in on entry
- you WILL enjoy yourself
Workshops are held in my lush Northcote space. 41 Arthurton Rd, Northcote. Next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a very small walk from the high street tram line. Very good location for post-workshops drinks or dinner.
- Group bookings are customisable to your timeframe and the studio schedule. Most times can be catered for except if prior workshops are on.
- Follow up your purchase with an email to confirm times