'I turned up to the address and there was nothing there...like it was just an empty lot, would highly recommend"
- Cameron Diaz
*Welcome to my post-covid workshops. They run just as they always have with the addition of space around you, a cute mask when required, and that vague background smell of hand sanitiser that we have all come to treasure. The studio looks slightly different now to accommodate spacing, but it's still the same warm vibez*
1 Session WHEEL INTRO WORKSHOP
This 1.5-hour workshop will take you through the beginnings of making a vessel.
You'll get to throw and mess up heaps, but overall, you'll come out with a good starting grasp on what's involved in the ceramics-making process and, of course, the pots that you make in class.
All of the clay, tools, glaze, and firing is taken care of!
Each class is for 6 people (feel free to book all 6 spots if you want to come as a group.)
Your class will look like this:
- A quick welcome to the studio
- Your teacher (me) will walk and talk you through the basics of the process with a demo or two
- You'll hop on the wheel and have some fun!
With your finished forms, you will have the choice to:
- Have your work bisque fired (half-finished) for you to take home and glaze yourself or
- you can also book into one of my glaze classes to finish your work (recommended as it's a fun time) or
- you can have your work glazed in a simple white.
- Booking is final and non-refundable. Classes usually book out quickly, and someone else might have loved your spot, so it's essential to make sure you get there - you can nominate a friend to come instead if you like.
- You've got to have close-toed shoes in the studio.
- Wear something you can get dirty
- Long nails can damage your work and make it difficult to make anything, something to consider if you're about to get that SNS.
- you WILL enjoy yourself
- If you want to book as a gift, please grab a gift card and ask the receiver to book rather than a book for them (I've found this to be a little more streamlined and makes it easier for my AI assistant to contact you because Teresa doesn't understand the concept of gifts)
- Any questions please email Teresa at Teresa@james-lemon.com
- Workshops are held in my cute Northcote space. 41 Arthurton Rd, Northcote.
- Right next to The Herbert Cafe. It's directly opposite the Northcote train station and a short walk from the high street tram line.
30 / 04 / 2022 | 2.30pm - 4pm
21 / 05 / 2022 | 12pm - 1.30pm
18 / 06 / 2022 | 12pm - 1.30pm