BOOKINGS GO LIVE 5PM THURSDAY 28TH OF SEPT
Welcome to James Lemon's Workshops, an adorable and warm destination for ceramics enthusiasts seeking an exceptional learning experience but also just a good time. Nice vibes, nice people, that kind of thing. James has been taking workshops at his studio for the last 6 years and is excited to welcome people back to the space after some recent major projects.
James, a skilled artist with his roots planted firmly production pottery with 8 years of experience in wheel throwing. He approaches of this traditional and sometimes non-traditional techniques guiding you through the captivating process of shaping clay on the potter's wheel. You'll make vessels of remarkable beauty, that you can then sell for thousands (dependant on your skill level).
A key feature of these workshops is that they cater to students of all levels. From beginners taking their first steps into the world of ceramics to intermediates seeking to refine their skills. We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can live, laugh and learn. Express their creativity for all social media to see.
Another unique feature these workshops is that class sizes are small, with no more than 6 on the wheel at a time. People often require a lot of guidance in the beginning which isn't always received in a class of 12+. This intimate setting allows for individual attention, fostering both a relaxed and focused atmosphere where you can fully immerse yourself in the material. 6 is a godly number.
All the necessary materials will be provided, including clay, tools, glaze, and firing. We've got you covered from start to finish. Optionally, you can opt out of or firing service and book in with a glaze class at a later date to get the full picture of production. If this is of interest, add one of these to your cart too GLAZE WORKSHOP.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Class size: Limited to 6 people
- Venue: Workshops are held in James' comfy and private studio located at 41 Arthurton Rd, Northcote. We're conveniently situated right next to The Herbert Cafe, directly opposite the Northcote train station, and just a short walk from the high street tram line. Parking is available on the street and at the cafe from 2.30pm.
- Suitable for all skill levels: Beginners are welcome, and those with previous experience can further develop their skills.
After the Workshop:
Once you've created your forms, you have a few options for finishing your work:
- You can book into one of our engaging glaze classes to complete your masterpiece (highly recommended for a fun time!)
- We have a 2-week window for collections after we notify you. Collection is from the Herbert Cafe next door.
- Booking is final and non-refundable due to high demand. We kindly request that you honour your reservation, as someone else may have eagerly desired your spot. If you can't make it, you can nominate a friend to attend in your place. We do offer a refund if it's within 24hrs of purchase.
- Please wear close-toed shoes in the studio.
- Dress comfortably in attire that you don't mind getting dirty.
- If you have long nails, please be aware that they may damage your work and hinder the creative process.
- Bring a ratty towel hand-towel if you have one.
- OK that's it, sorry for the business chat.
Booking and Inquiries:
To book your spot, please add your time slot to the cart, or if you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org She'll be more than happy to assist you. If you'd like to book a group either see private workshops or get onto Teresa.
Spaces fill up quickly, so secure your spot early to avoid disappointment.
Stay connected with us through Instagram or subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on class schedules, exciting events, and the latest happenings at James Lemon's Studio.
We love you but we love me more.